First Annual Gourmandise Gingerbread House Competition
Sunday, Dec. 11 from 11am-3pm
The Gourmandise School of Sweets & Savories
Entries will be judged in three categories (see more details in RULES section):
Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category and by a panel of professional judges. Viewer's Choice awards will be given out to Amateur and Youth entries which garner the greatest number of votes.
- SIZE: Entries may be not exceed 24" x 24". There are no height restrictions. Delivery: All entries must arrive between 10am and 8pm on Friday, Dec. 9 at The Market, located on the third floor of Santa Monica Place. A showroom will be designated for the display of all entries and marked as such.
- THEME: This years' theme is "A Storybook Holiday"; all interpretations welcome!
- VOTING: Voting will take place between Noon and 2pm on Sunday, Dec. 11. Viewer's Choice voting will begin on Saturday, Dec. 10 at 10am and will continue until winners are announced at 2pm on Sunday, Dec. 11.
- MATERIALS: All materials, including supports, must be edible. Your houses' base need not be made of edible materials, but must be strong enough to support your creations in the event it needs to be moved.
- DIVISIONS: The Professional Division is for people who are studying or are working in the food industry. Amateur contestants are 16 years and up and may not work in the culinary arts. Youth division is for any age up to 16; we encourage the younger contestants to work on their own.
We (The Gourmandise School and Santa Monica Place) are not responsible for any damage to your entry. Entries must be picked up by 7pm on Sunday, Dec, 11. Winning entries must remain on display in The Market until Jan. 2.